- General Blog & News
Fall 2021 – What’s coming
It’s been a busy summer for the Start Booking team. We’ve spent a lot of time reflecting and discussing how we can improve your scheduling and online booking experience. After a lot of back and forth, we’re excited to announce our next two major releases being the Start Booking mobile app (iPhone & Android) and a fresh new calendar in the product.
Start Booking Mobile App
The Start Booking mobile app will be exclusively focused on you, the users of Start Booking. Our goal is to create the best mobile app for managing your online scheduling, appointments and availability while you’re out and on the go!
We fully realize that many of you are not sitting behind a computer all day and need the ability to manage your calendar from your phone. The app will be focused on the four following areas:
- Daily Agenda / Recent Bookings
- Calendar + Appointments
We have a lot of ideas for future iterations of the app so stay tuned for further updates. Much more to come as we get closer to releasing the app.
Over the last year the team has been working hard to rebuild the entire Start Booking product. This rebuild leverages modern technologies as well as a simplified user experience. If you haven’t noticed, a lot of the legacy pages of the product have been changing or are already changed to the latest look and feel.
This next transformation provides you with a new, intuitive and performant calendar. We’ve learned a lot over the years and are excited to bring this to you.
Some of the highlights include:
- Better performance for accounts with a lot of appointments
- Full control over your classes and appointments directly from the calendar
- Blends your availability calendar with your events calendar
- Improved filtering options
- Leverages user roles for limiting what users can see and the actions they can perform
Other recent updates
WordPress Plugin – Classes Shortcode Options
We’ve updated our WordPress booking plugin to provide you with more options for displaying classes on your WordPress website. The new shortcode options are:
- Single Class: class=”class_url_string”
- Hide Calendar: hide_calendar=”true”
- Range Start: range_start=”2021-08-13″
- Range End: range_end=”2021-08-20″
- Show Filter: show_filter=”true” *Only applies to the Single Class shortcode
Example with all options:
[startbooking flow="classes" class="class_url_string" hide_calendar="true" range_start="2021-08-13" range_end="2021-08-20" show_filter="true"]